Thursday 28 August 2014

Results

So here we are May 20th Tuesday- 8:45am. I meet with Dr.Scarth for the first time with his nurse. Has to feel the tumour again. Goes over the results. Which I have no idea what most of it means.Triple Negative? milk ducts, invasive...bla bla bla. I smiled with a brave face and let God guide me through a haze of medical terms. They through alot at you but yet not the full story, because really you are still in shock. I met my Navigator. Kathy Woodhouse, A nurse Case Manager Breast Health Program specially assigned to guide you through the cancer process, especially in the beginning. Very nice lady, She gave me lots of info. I started a binder to keep dates, appointments, and information. She said at this point there will be surgery, MRI, CATSCAN, lymph nodes checked, chemotherapy...but it was all still sort of up in the air, except the tests and surgery. A particular  sheet she gave me was about what was going on with my breast tumour. It was titled "Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma" an invasive cancer that has grown through a duct wall. It accounts for 60% of all cases. She said that a cancer cell could be very small and not detected on my 2008 mammogram, usually when you get over a certain size they can estimate that it has been about 6 to 8 years in the making. I realized that I wasn't getting the mammogram that day and got the call I think to come back the next day Wednesday. So of course I go home start looking into what TRIPLE NEGATIVE means...

No comments:

Post a Comment